Help Desk Administrator
REPORTS TO: Support Team Lead
LOCATION: Fairfax, VA
ROLE CAPACITY: 100% Technical, travel to client sites will needed from time to time
A fast growing, high paced Fairfax based IT Managed Services and Software Development Company located in the DC Area is seeking a dynamic Help Desk Administrator to handle level 2 and 3 technical phone support. We are looking for someone with at least 3 years of business experience preferably working in the IT industry.
You must also be a highly organized, customer service and technology focused individual with a positive attitude. We hire only high energetic, positive, team players that love being challenged and are always looking to grow. This person must represent our core values and deliver high-level client support as well as contribute in a big way to
our team camaraderie and spirit. Our clients should be able to hear you smile over the phone!
Do you get great satisfaction from contributing to the overall success of the company? Do you enjoy using technology to automate processes? Do you work well under pressure and always show up with a positive attitude? Then please submit your resume, and a short summary on why you fit this description.
We are selective so we care more about finding the right person than rushing to hire just anyone. We offer an inviting work environment with health benefits, paid time off, and more.
Our unique company benefits include; great healthcare and dental plan options with BCBSIL, 401k retirement planning opportunities, tax-saving commuter benefits, Divvy bike passes, cutting-edge training opportunities, company lunches and breakfasts, team awards, special company events and celebrations, all in all a modern, cozy, on the edge of the loop type of work environment!
This is an awesome opportunity for someone who:
- Wants a company that truly CARES about its employees and clients
- Loves a fast-paced, NO DRAMA environment
- Is extremely detail oriented and appreciates PEOPLE who take an organized, systematic approach to achieving success
- Likes to contribute ideas and be part of a team of TRUE professionals
- RESULTS driven
Tactical Work and Responsibilities:
The Help Desk Administrator will be in charge of troubleshooting and managing tickets within client SLA parameters. Experience with ticketing systems is necessary. You will be the first point of contact for all client related issues. Creating, maintaining, following up and closing tickets will be a priority as well as managing client appointments. You will assist our Network Administrators by providing first and second level support for all our clients including workstation support, MS Office support, printer setup and troubleshooting, user network connections, smart phones, remote workplace technologies, documentation, and LabTech management.
The Most Important Results To Achieve Success:
The candidate must follow instructions well, but also be able to take the initiative. Must have excellent customer service skills and manage time well working with multiple clients at the same time. Should be able to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines. Should be fair, flexible, get along well with others, and be a good listener. Must be punctual, reliable, and take good notes. Previous MSP or consulting experience is desired.
What You Bring To The Table
- Excellent communication, customer service, planning, problem solving, goal setting, quality and time management skills
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year college preferred.
- At least three years of related work experience with a positive track record of help desk support
- Solid knowledge of hardware and software with, but limited to; PC’s, laptops, smartphones, tablets printers, general office equipment, Microsoft Office, Windows XP
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues while remaining calm and managing time lines.
- Networking or Microsoft related certification is a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Windows Vista 7 and 8
- Active directory, DNS and DHCP
- Smart phones such as Android, iPhones and Blackberry
- Network printers and wireless access points.
Desired familiarity with the following:
- Office 365
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- LabTech, ConnectWise, Entree, MS Dynamics, Net Suite, Syspro, Epicor and Sage ERP.
- Ability to periodically stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift periodically
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally