Record Personal Directory Name
By default, the local directory will spell out the name on your extension (e.g. "Mike" would be pronounced "M-I-K-E"). If this is not desired, you can record a directory name for your extension.
The following steps must be completed from your phone.
- Dial *21 from your phone.
- Enter your Voicemail Password (default 0000).
- Record your full name after the tone.
- Press # when done.
- Complete one of the following:
- Press 1 to accept the recording.
- Press 2 to listen to the recording.
- Press 3 to re-record.
Note: Directory recordings cannot be deleted to return to the default settings where the name is spelled out. However, directory recordings can be rerecorded.
Note: Those that have Prompt Recording Permissions (typically admins) can dial *22 to record directory names for an extension other than their own; including ring groups, conference rooms, etc. These users will be prompted to enter a dialable password (default 0000) which is separate from their voicemail password and can be changed by dialing *19 from their Jive phone.