Location: Fairfax, VA
Terms: Full time position, minimum 40 hours per week
Certificate requirements: A+, Network +, MS100
Who we are:
GRS is a technology consulting firm that has been supporting small-medium sized businesses in the Washington, DC area since 2014. We are a fast growing, high paced IT Managed Services provider. We believe that everyone should have access to high-end, enterprise-level IT solutions, and that is exactly what we provide.
We hire only high energetic, positive, team players that love being challenged and are always looking to grow. Our team represents our core values and delivers high-level client support as well as contribute to our team camaraderie and spirit. We provide the best customer experience; our clients should be able to hear you smile over the phone! We have a team that does not back down from a challenge and gets satisfaction from contributing to the overall success of the company. To be part of our team you must accept the above and have answered yes to the questions below. Do you get great satisfaction from contributing to the overall success of the company? Do you enjoy using technology to automate processes? Do you work well under pressure and always show up with a positive attitude?
Important Characteristics to be Successful at GRS:
The candidate must follow instructions well, but also be able to take the initiative. Must have excellent customer service skills and manage time well working with multiple clients at the same time. Should be able to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines. Should be fair, flexible, get along well with others, and be a good listener. Must be punctual, reliable, and take good notes. Has the ability and willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members. Possesses the ability to deal effectively with stressful situations. Lastly, continue self-training to preserve professional viability.
Our unique company benefits include great healthcare, Vision, and dental plan options with ADP Total Source. We offer 401k retirement planning opportunities, Flexible Spending Accounts, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and paid time off. Cutting-edge training opportunities, company lunches, company retreats, special company events and celebrations, all in all a modern, cozy, on the edge of the loop type of work environment!
General Job Description:
The Engineer will be in charge of troubleshooting and managing tickets within client SLA parameters. You will be the first point of contact for all technical client issues. Creating, maintaining, following up and closing tickets will be a priority as well as managing client appointments. You will be assisting with projects and proactive client work.
- Helpdesk and Call queue support
- Troubleshooting applications (ex. Microsoft applications, client exclusive applications)
- Troubleshooting printers, phones, general workstation issues, and network connection issues.
- Onsite support – as needed
- Downloading and installation of applications
- On-boarding/Off-boarding computers
- Hardware assembly and disassembly (upgrading hardware)
- Bench Work
- Backup deployment, support, and reports
- Meraki firewall offline alerts
Breakdown of responsibilities:
- Provide helpdesk support
- Identify the ticket priorities and work on tickets in order
- Documentation of every new detail regarding our clients
- Maintain knowledge of GRS internal toolset
- Refer all scheduling to dispatcher
- Provide quality and profitable services as agreed under GRS SLA
- Ensure that systems, processes, and methodologies are followed according to company guidelines
- Take ownership of tasks and follow through to ensure complete resolution
- DAILY time entry accounting for at least 8 hours in the form of resolution Notes in Service Tickets
- Daily checkout through MS Teams. Accurate recording and submission of timesheet
- Helpdesk support task examples
- Troubleshooting applications
- Troubleshooting printers
- Downloading and installation of applications
- Troubleshooting phones
- Troubleshooting general computer issues
- Any other tasks assigned by the team lead or management
- Excellent communication, customer service, planning, problem solving, goal setting, quality, and time management skills
- At least two years of related work experience with a positive track record of help desk support
- Solid knowledge of hardware and software with, but limited to, PC’s, laptops, smartphones, tablets, printers, general office equipment, Microsoft Office, and Windows OS.
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues while remaining calm and managing timelines.
- Networking or Microsoft related certification is a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Know Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Active directory, DNS and DHCP
- Smart phones such as Android, iPhones and Blackberry
- Network printers and wireless access points.
Desired familiarity with the following:
- Office 365
- Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Firewalls, switches, access points
- LabTech, ConnectWise, Thycotic, Threat Locker, Sentinel One, IT Glue