Location: Fairfax, VA
Terms: Full time position, minimum 40 hours per week
Who we are:
GRS is a technology consulting firm that has been supporting small-medium sized businesses in the Washington, DC area since 2014. We are a fast growing, high paced IT Managed Services provider. We believe that everyone should have access to high-end, enterprise-level IT solutions, and that is exactly what we provide.
We hire only high energetic, positive, team players that love being challenged and are always looking to grow. Our team represents our core values and delivers high-level client support as well as contribute to our team camaraderie and spirit. We provide the best customer experience; our clients should be able to hear you smile over the phone! We have a team that does not back down from a challenge and gets satisfaction from contributing to the overall success of the company. To be part of our team you must accept the above and have answered yes to the questions below. Do you get great satisfaction from contributing to the overall success of the company? Do you enjoy using technology to automate processes? Do you work well under pressure and always show up with a positive attitude?
Important Characteristics to be Successful at GRS:
The candidate must follow instructions well, but also be able to take the initiative. Must have excellent customer service skills and manage time well working with multiple clients at the same time. Should be able to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines. Should be fair, flexible, get along well with others, and be a good listener. Must be punctual, reliable, and take good notes. Has the ability and willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members. Possesses the ability to deal effectively with stressful situations. Lastly, continue self-training to preserve professional viability.
Our unique company benefits include great healthcare, Vision, and dental plan options with ADP Total Source. We offer 401k retirement planning opportunities, Flexible Spending Accounts, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and paid time off. Cutting-edge training opportunities, company lunches, company retreats, special company events and celebrations, all in all a modern, cozy, on the edge of the loop type of work environment!
General Job Description:
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and managing tickets within client SLA parameters. This role is a diverse role and will require constant client communication and time management. You will be responsible for project delivery, working on escalated ticket , provide trainings to helpdesk support team and will be responsible for proactive maintenances.
- Assist with escalated tickets
- Manage VIP client issues (top priority clients)
- Maintain clients IT infrastructure
- Onsite Level 3 Support
- Client onboardings/ Documentation
- Project management and execution
- Proactive maintenances
- Act as point of contact for clients concerns and needs
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Provide quotes and recommendations that work best with client’s infrastructure
- Interface with appropriate technical personnel for client problems that cannot be resolved effectively within your team.
- Responsible for service scheduling, escalation, and client satisfaction
- Active role in daily management of all service tickets
- Ensure quality and profitable services are performed to the agreed SLA
- Assist in the development of technical support engineers from a career perspective
- To build relationships with clients and participate in necessary client meetings (Pre & Post Sales)
- LMA: Lead, manage, and hold accountable team by L10 Service desk meetings, and daily huddles.
- Maintain good communication with Account Managers and Team Leader with regards to events and changes transpiring at client sites
Breakdown of responsibilities:
- Provide support for escalated tickets
- Provide training for clients as needed
- Computer asset management / procurement
- Managing and delivering projects (Project Management)
- Assuring quality of service is being delivered
- Provide technical training to internal staff
- Understanding the client infrastructure and their work process to ensure best service is provided
- Ensure that systems, processes, and methodologies are followed according to company guidelines
- Take ownership of tasks and follow through to ensure complete resolution
- Ability to communicate with client at all levels from IT personnel to CxO’s and to understand business issues in context of IT issues
- Assist with any other tasks assigned by the team lead or management
- Excellent communication, customer service, planning, problem solving, goal setting, quality, and time management skills
- At least four years of related work experience with a positive track record of Account management and project management
- Solid knowledge of hardware and software with, but limited to, PC’s, laptops, smartphones, tablets, printers, general office equipment, Microsoft Office, and Windows OS.
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues while remaining calm and managing timelines.
- Networking or Microsoft related certification is a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Know Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Active directory, DNS and DHCP
- Smart phones such as Android, iPhones and Blackberry
- Network printers and wireless access points.
- Is self-motivated and can be self-directed when necessary
Desired familiarity with the following:
- Office 365
- Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Firewalls, switches, access points
- LabTech, ConnectWise, Thycotic, Threat Locker, Sentinel One, IT Glue