Netview for Windows
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Internet/Outbound HTTPS (TCP Port 443) Access
Netview needs to establish frequent Internet connections in order to test your connectivity and receive updates. While Netview is a clean and secure software, this behavior can be reason enough to get blocked by some antivirus or firewall vendors. In some cases, it might be necessary to manually unblock Netview and its update component. The programs that need to be allowed are:
Download & Install
- Click here to download Netview for Windows.
- Open the downloaded .exe.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: Read the License Agreement carefully.
Retrieve System Code
The system code is an unique identifier generated when the software client is installed and it will never change. It is provided to Technical Solutions to grant them access the historical test reports from your network. Both the System Code Hash and the System Code represent the same identifier; the hash is simply easier to dictate over the phone.
- Open Jive Netview (Start Menu).
- Right-click in the notification area of the Windows taskbar (located in bottom-right corner next to the system clock). You may have to click Show hidden icons if your icons are hidden.
- Click Show Jive Netview Client.
- Click the Test tab.
- Verify that the Jive Servers Communication displays Success (this indicates the tool can report network data back to Jive, not that the phones are working).
- Click the System tab.
- Provide either the System Code Hash or System Code to the Technical Solutions representative.